Transforming care is a national programme led by NHS England which is all about improving health and care services so that more people with learning disabilities and/or autism can live in the community, with the right support, close to home and have the same opportunities as anyone else
The programme of work will ensure that families are:
- getting the support they need to live long and healthy lives
- being treated with the same dignity and respect
- having a home within their community
- being able to develop and maintain relationships and
- getting the support they need for to have a healthy, safe and fulfilling life.
New ways of working are being established to help families get the right help at the right time. One example of this is a greater focus on the Care-Co-ordination role to help families access and understand the offers of support available to them across health and social care systems. More details about the programme are set out here; https://www.england.nhs.uk/learning-disabilities/